Thursday 14 March 2013

Blast from the Past

Hi all,

Welcome to this week's Blast from the Past. Those are snippets from the interviews I've given in the past, because some of my interviewers' questions were just too good to answer only once. They can be serious or funny, insightful or just plain naughty, so - Enjoy!

Here it goes:



Q. How long does it take to write a book?

A. Depends on how much my other life gets in the way. The fastest were probably Knives & Feathers and Sub-Culture which are both around 50K and took three weeks to write each. The novellas A Taste of Paradise and Ink, Sweat and Tears were finished in nine days. On the other hand, the two books in the Phoenix-series were a real bugger at the polishing stage. The story started out as only the second book I'd ever written and required a lot of work to become what these two volumes are now. Altogether, I spent almost two years on them, revisiting, adding, changing and deleting bits and pieces again and again until I saw them fit for submission. And still my editor wanted me to expand on the sex scenes... I think I succeeded in making him happy, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment