Tuesday 4 June 2013

Tuesday Teaser: Beverly Price



Hi all, 

Today's Tuesday Teaser is a very busy lady. Reading her about makes me wonder how she finds the time to write at all, but she obviously does, and that's a good thing. Ladies & Gents, please welcome Beverly Price!

Hi Beverly, glad you're here today. Please grab a glass of this yummy Cabernet, sit back and make yourself comfortable. Let's start with

The business ones

Please give us a short introduction about yourself:
I am married to my wonderful husband for 10 years now. We have four wonderful children ages 9,7,6, and 16 months. I just finished getting my MBA in Dec 2012 and live in a small town in North Florida.

What genre(s) do you write in and why?
I write erotic Romances in that are cowboys/BDSM. I write these type of books because the hot men run in my head and tell me dirty thoughts. LOL, okay seriously I write them because it’s fun. Tell me what honest person would not want to spend their day writing about hot sexy men doing so many dirty, naughty and delicious things to their little toys?

Tell us about your latest release: 
 In my latest release we head back over to Lucky Montana. Piper is a secret romance author whose normal day job was a manager of a spa, but when her only luck runs out again, she turns to her best friends Sam for help. Soon Piper moves in with Sam in Lucky.

Milo gets out of the Marine Corp and head home to see his sister, but comes face to face with Piper who he remembers as a weird kids. Through more strings of bad luck Milo finds he is very interested in Piper. Soon the two of them hit it off, but an unpleasant blast from the past shows up and Piper is once again out. Wonder what will happen next. Read it and find out. heheh

Describe your feelings when you learnt that your first book was accepted for publication:
When I put in my first book, I assumed it would take about two months to hear back. I remember my daughter doing some weird braid thing to my hair and my phone pinged with the sound of incoming mail. So I pull up the program and there was the email. I opened it and said they wanted to publish my book. I wasn’t sure this was correct to I got up and went to the computer and reread the email. I think I actually cried. I have never wanted anything so much. I have always been the person in the back helping others get to the top, and for once this was all about me. What I had done all on my own. It hit me then, that I am more! I am more than just the mom sitting playing on the computer, I am more than the wife, I am more than a daughter. I am now an author and I did it! And I will do it again. So now I tell my kids to always strive to be more!

Has the release of your first book changed anything in your personal life? If so, what? 
It changed me for the better. I grew up military and had always had an open mind, but this opened me up to a whole new world of possibilities. I speak with people every day that are interested in what I am working on next. I have met people who I feel connect to me better than some of the people I use to call friends. It gives me the chance to write more, and it pushes me to do better the next book, and then the next. I like challenges and this does it for me.

Where do you find inspiration? 
I find inspiration everywhere. I live in a small town so some of my characters are based off of things I have seen or heard. I like to look at people and wonder what their stories are. I use to play a game with my grandpa when I was little. We would sit by the dock and watch the people walk by. We would create a story on what we saw. Now I was only child then so my ideas were more like ice creams and candy filled.

Who is your favourite character and why?
I love Sam. She is very loyal and always there. She is not a main character on these two books, but she plays a vital role in Piper and Milo’s life.

A favourite line from one of your books:
When Old man Winter’s asks Piper about her injury. “You get bit by them Sasquatches? They leave a nasty infection if they do. I recommend pouring whisky on it. Helps clean out any infections they might infect you with”

Your favourite drink and food when writing:
I am very typical when it comes to some of the other authors I know. I love to write with a large glass of red wine and some dark chocolate. It’s a perfect combination and really allows my imagination to run wild.


Yep - red wine and chocolate, the best combination ever! So have another glass and let's move on to 

The nosy ones

How much of the real “you” is in your stories? 
I say there are bits and pieces of me in each book, and that about all I can really say on that. hehehe

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Who was it?
Oh my gosh, have you read Unlucky yet? Milo is so fricken hot! He makes me turn into a puddle of goo just thinking about him.

What’s the silliest error in a book you’ve submitted?
Well it was caught in editing, but through a section in Unlucky, I kept call the female the wrong name and it was the male. It sounded really bad when the male and male got together and they are brothers. Yup... my bad!

Who is your least favourite of the characters you’ve written? Why?
I dont like Jessie! She is such a bitch. But she needed to be.

The steamiest scene from your books?
In the books that you have read, it would be in Unlucky were Piper is bedridden and toys are brought into play. I love toys!

Favourite comfort food?
Lasagna... And I make a mean one to boot!


Ooh, lasagna - goes well with red wine... Here's another glass to get us through


The fast ones

Favourite colour? Plum

Dog or cat? Cat

Coffee or tea? Coffee

Quickie or candles? I love candles!

Hunky or chunky? Hunky, duh..lol

Suit & tie or jeans & boots? Damn, that’s tough But suit in ties is such a turn on if done right!

Walk in the park or chat over cocktails? Park... No one to see what might happen next..hehehe



Thanks for the interview, Beverly! Let's take a look at your wonderful new book now (I have to say, the guy on the cover looks strangely familiar...)





Piper Andrews is a secret romance author who has had nothing but bad luck all her life. Making a decision she hopes is the best, she moves in with her friend Sam, who lives in the small town of Lucky, Montana. Picking up what is left of her life, Piper is determined to finally get the luck in life she craves. However when a secret crush reappears, Piper is overcome with desire and for once in her life unsure what to do next.

Just out of the Marine Corps, Milo decides to make a new start with family and friends in his hometown of Lucky. Trying to keep his past in his past, he ends up running face to face with a fiery redhead who turns his world upside down. The downfall is that she is his sister’s best friend. Will Milo put away his fears to finally give in to the desires he now has for her?

Buy link: http://www.bookstrand.com/node/861247

Author bio:
As a person who does believe in love at first sight, it was easy to find romance where ever I went. I
myself have fallen into fate's hand when I met my husband and married eleven days later. Now, we just celebrated our ten year anniversary with four children. I never regret a single day, and love him more and more with each passing hour.

I was never much of a writer in school. I enjoyed mostly poems, but anything longer never held my interest. When I decided to go back to school I learned that writing can be therapeutic. With my MBA complete, my time was spent watching the grass grow. Then, a friend challenged me to actually write a book better than the one she was reading. I toyed with the idea, and now here I am today. I have found a hidden passion that allows my wild side to come out while keeping the romance together. I would love to hear from all of you. You can email me at Beverly_Price@yahoo.com.

Author website:
http://beverly-price.weebly.com
http://afterdarkwriters.wordpress.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment