Wednesday 10 July 2013

Special Guest: Avril Ashton

Hi all, 

I've finally found a special guest who will help me drain my coffee supplies! Please welcome Avril Ashton, who is here today to tell us a bit about herself and her latest release, A Sinner Born

Hello Avril, thank you for being here today. Here's your first cup of coffee while we look at

The business ones

Please give us a short introduction about yourself:
A Caribbean transplant, Avril now lives in Brooklyn, N.Y with a tolerant spousal equivalent. Together they raise an eccentric daughter who loves reading and school (not so much school anymore). Avril’s earliest memories of reading revolve around discussing the plot points of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys with an equally book-minded mother.

Always in love with the written word, Avril finally decided to do the writing in August of ’09 and never looked back. Spicy love scenes, delicious heroes, and wicked women burn up the pages of Avril’s stories, but there’ll always be a happy ending; Av remains a believer of love in all its forms.

Addicted to cake, the ID Channel and the UFC, Avril writes Erotic and GLBT Romance for Ellora's Cave, Evernight Publishing, eXtasy Books, Secret Cravings Publishing and Total-e-Bound.

What genre(s) do you write in and why?
I write erotic romance, GLBT, Paranormal, and I/R. It’s my favourite to ad so it’s a natural step.

Do you need a special setting to write in or do you have a ceremony to get you in the mood? What does it look like? 
I’m not fussy. I just need coffee and music to get in my zone.

Describe your feelings when you learnt that your first book was accepted for publication.
Disbelief. Elation. Fear.

Has the release of your first book changed anything in your personal life? If so, what? 
Ha. Not really.

Where do you find inspiration?
Inspiration is all around me. In music, on TV. Reading my fellow authors’’ work sparks the creative juices in me. Anything and everything works.

Your favourite drink and food when writing. 
Coffee.

Coffee - what a surprise, heehee. Let's see if we have more in common. Here are

The nosy ones

How much of the real “you” is in your stories?
Not much. Maybe the curse words. I curse way too damn much.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Who was it? 
Nah.

What’s the silliest error in a book you’ve submitted?
Thankfully, it’s mostly a missing word here or there, or incorrect punctuation. I’ve got awesome beta readers who catch all my craziness before I hit the “submit” button.

Who is your least favourite of the characters you’ve written? Why?
I don’t have a least favourite, just some characters that irked the hell outta me for one reason or the other. Come to think of it, that’s every character I’ve ever written.

The steamiest scene from your books.
Well. I do pride myself on writing the most fire-hot of sex scenes. Steam tends to be tame in comparison. I’d say Make Me Sweat, one of my IR m/f titles is pretty heavy on the fire, but you’ll have to read it to figure out why ;-)

Favourite comfort food?
Any food is comfort food for me. I’m a foodie.

A person you admire:
My little sister. She’s awesome and her strength humbles me.


The fast ones

Favourite colour? Red

Favourite pet? None

Dog or cat? Neither

Coffee or tea? Coffee. I live for it.

Quickie or candles? Quickie with candles. Can be done, thank you.

Hunky or chunky? Hunky?

Suit & tie or jeans & boots? Jeans and boots, but I got nothing against the suit and tie.

Walk in the park or chat over cocktails? Not a drinker so walk.





Thank you for the interview, Avril! Let's take a look at your new book now. 

 A Sinner Born (Book three in the Brooklyn Sinners series)

One man buried in secrets. Another still grieving the love he lost. Their worlds collide in a battle between memories, old and new, while trust hangs by a fragile thread.

Syren Rua is at war. He battles painful childhood demons and his intense need for the first person who makes him feel. As Faro, Syren makes deals with the worst while taking the steps necessary to bring his family’s killer to justice. He isn’t one to indulge in selfish needs, but he’ll make the time in this instance. Syren has been watching Kane Ashby, craving the grieving man for his own. He’s always stayed away from temptation, but that’s about to change.

Kane isn’t over the death of his long-time partner. He’s certainly not ready for a relationship, sexual or otherwise, but Syren isn’t a man who takes no for an answer. The unpredictable Syren offers nothing but secrets and brings with him memories so dark, they could wipe out any chance the two might ever have. Syren brings Kane’s heart back to life. But it is also Syren who could inflict the most damage.

Inside Scoop: One of our heroes has a panty fetish. And it’s hot. This book also contains brief references to rape and child abuse.

A Romantica® gay/lesbian erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave


http://www.ellorascave.com/a-sinner-born.html


AUTHOR LINKS

Visit: http://www.avrilashton.com

Friend Avril on: http://www.facebook.com/writeravrilashton

http://www.twitter.com/#!/AvrilAsh

http://avrilashton.tumblr.com/

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/author/avrilashton

ARe: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/storeSearch.html?searchBy=author&qString=Avril+Ashton


1 comment: