Wednesday 2 December 2015

Guest Interview: Author Kathryn Lively #EroticRomance @MsKathrynLively #FlavoursofSage

Author Interview
Please welcome Kathryn Lively to The Flavours of Sage today!



The Business Questions


Please give us a short introduction about yourself
Thanks for having me. My name is Kathryn Lively and I write mystery and romance mainly, but venture into speculative and paranormal once in a while. I have been writing and editing for over twenty years.

What genre(s) do you write in and why?
As I mentioned above, primarily mystery and romance. I started out in cozy mysteries because I enjoyed reading so many of them in my youth. I grew up in the genre – reading Nancy Drew and Agatha Christie, watching Murder She Wrote. I got into romance first as an editor, then in time I decided I want to write my own stories. I like when characters end happily, and romance is my go-to for that.

Tell us about your latest release
I am currently finishing up a serialized romance through the Sexy To Go box sets. My story, “Geek Overboard” takes place on a cruise ship where a non-geek type, Natalie, has been abandoned by her boyfriend. She meets an actor who is a guest at the sci-fi convention held on the cruise, and agrees to pose as his wife to help his career.
I wrote the first installment of the story in Sexy To Go, Volume 6, and the second to last part comes out in Sexy To Go, Volume 11. I will wrap up the romance in Volume 12, due out late December.

Do you need a special setting to write in or do you have a ceremony to get you in the mood? What does it look like?
I do have a few rituals. Usually when I begin a story I crank up “Back in the Saddle” by Aerosmith, then get to work. I write at night after the day job is done and the husband is snoring in his chair. I typically get in a thousand words a day, unless I fall into the zone and go longer.

Describe your feelings when you learnt that your first book was accepted for publication
Oh, that was so long ago! I had written an inspirational saga more than fifteen years ago and had a hard time shopping it. When I finally received an acceptance I was thrilled. I had submitted to a small press, which later turned out to be a mistake. While I was happy at the time of acceptance, I consider that whole period a learning experience.

Has the release of your first book changed anything in your personal life? If so, what?
If anything has changed, it’s my belief that I am capable of seeing a book to completion. Confidence ebbs and flows, but I always look back on the first book I wrote and remind myself that I did it once before and can do so again. Make the time, set the goal.

Where do you find inspiration?
The better question would be where don’t I find it? J Seriously, I get idea everywhere – the news, songs, scenes I see while out shopping. I’m never at a loss for ideas.

Who is your favourite character and why?
This is a tough one. It’s like picking a favorite child. However, when I developed my two mysteries in the Rock and Roll series I enjoyed working on Lerxst Johnston, my sleuth. I’ve never had a son, and I suppose I wrote him as somebody I’d like to have in my family.

A favourite line from one of your books




The Nosy Questions

How much of the real “you” is in your stories?
Not much, I’m afraid. A book about me would bore you to tears. J I tend to write as an observer of the action.

What’s the silliest error in a book you’ve submitted?
Getting names mixed up. I HATE when I do that.

The steamiest scene from your books
It’s not been published yet, but I’m shopping a romance about two former child actors making a comeback. I’m progressively writing hotter with each new book.

Favourite comfort food?
Mac and cheese and lots of it.


The Fast Questions


Favourite colour? Purple
Favourite pet? Beagles!
Dog or cat? Dogs
Coffee or tea? Earl Gray. Hot.
Suit & tie or jeans & boots? Sharp dressed man
Walk in the park or chat over cocktails? I could use a walk.

Author bio
Kathryn Lively is an award-winning writer and editor, Slytherin, Whovian, and Rush (the band) fan. She loves chocolate and British crisps and is still searching for a good US dealer of Japanese Kit Kat bars.


Author website/blog: http://www.kathrynlively.com

Blurb:
Geek Overboard is a serialized romance appearing in the Sexy To Go multi-author box sets, starting with Volume 6, extending through Volume 12 (coming in December).

About the Book
Natalie can’t tell a Wookie from a Dalek, and when her boyfriend ditches her on a sci-fi convention cruise she gets a crash course in geekdom. Luckily there’s a handsome man at the ship’s pool to cure her boredom.
Colin Dawson, Daws to friends and fans, doesn’t mind playing third-tier celebrity at a fan event, but welcomes a boost to his public image, and career. Maybe if people believed he’s turned over a new leaf and married a pretty lady…
Natalie could get used to playing the role of celebrity wife, but when Colin’s fans and a popular entertainment blogger want details of her life with her new “husband” it gets sticky. Who knew a fake relationship was so much work?


Other links provided by the author:
FREE ON AMAZON FROM KATHRYN LIVELY-ROCK DEADLY http://amzn.to/1JE0iQD

KAT'S NEWSLETTER: http://eepurl.com/bq-RML

No comments:

Post a Comment