Monday 7 December 2015

Guest Interview: Starla Kaye, Author of Trusting Love Again #Romance

The business ones
Please give us a short introduction about yourself. I wear many hats in my life. I’m an author of romance books because I love finding happy endings for people. I’m a gerontologist who volunteers with several senior groups at local senior centers. I’m a mentor and a teacher to other writers. I’m a quilter, particularly of small quilts I design based on photos of places that I have visited. And I’m a mother, a wife, a sister, an aunt.
What genre(s) do you write in and why? I write romance in many sub-genres, but mainly contemporary western. Cowboys are my heroes, my go-to guys, hunks in boots. My other favourite sub-genres to play with are historical western, medieval and Regency. Historical westerns..because they have cowboys, enough said. Medieval romances with mainly Scottish highlanders…men in kilts. And I like the whole Lords and Ladies thing. But I have also written pirates, sci-fi, fantasy, and paranormal stories.
Tell us about your latest release. Trusting Love Again is a contemporary romance about two people with some difficult emotional baggage to work through before they can learn to trust again, or fall in love again. Toni married young, blinded by lust for the wrong man. She endured an emotionally abusive marriage before finding the strength to end it. Chad’s first marriage was also to the wrong woman, who betrayed his trust. Starting over is a struggle for both of them.
Where do you find inspiration? I’m an observer of the world around me, which includes what I read, what I watch on TV and in movies. And I listen to a lot of music, mainly Country Western, where is latch onto a song lyric or a song image and maybe turn it into a story line. I just never know where something will come from for a story idea or a character idea.

The nosy ones
How much of the real “you” is in your stories? I like to think most of my heroines have pieces of “me” in them. They’re all independent, don’t like being told what to do, fairly impulsive, and like to “test” their men…make them a little nuts. That’s pretty much me, too.
Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Who was it? I admit that I fell in love with Brodie Durward, my hero from the medieval romance The Great Scottish Devil. What can I say, he was a Scottish Highland warrior with problems everywhere and he just touched my heart.
The steamiest scene from your books. I’ve written quite a few steamy scenes, but, truthfully, some of my hottest ones are in the gay romances. One of my books, Acceptance, was just made into an audio book. While I was listening to the final narration, I realized that this was a seriously “hot” story. I don’t remember it being quite so hot when I wrote it. But listening to it…oh wow!
Favourite comfort food? While I’m writing, I tend to nibble, which isn’t good, I know. I like chocolate and will nibble on a whole package of something when I’m trying to figure out a problem in a scene.


The fast ones
Favourite colour? Red
Dog or cat? Dog, I love their sense of loyalty, their “I can’t wait until you’re home” adoration.
Coffee or tea? Coffee, especially mocha flavoured cappuccino
Quickie or candles? Candles, I like taking lots of time.
Hunky or chunky? Hunky
Suit & tie or jeans & boots? Jeans and boots…I love cowboys.
Walk in the park or chat over cocktails? I like both equally.

Promotional info

Author bio: Starla Kaye wears many hats professionally and as a writer. She is the community coordinator for a Midwestern accounting firm, a gerontologist who volunteers with an active group of senior adults, a mentor/teacher of writing, and a multi-published author. She dabbles in writing romances of many sub-genres: contemporary, historical Western, medieval, sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal, and Regency. To date she has published 20 novels, 39 novellas, 8 anthologies, 18 short stories, and 3 audio books.
Author website / blog: http://starlakaye.com

After an abusive marriage and an ugly divorce, Toni needs to rebuild her self-confidence and start a new life in her hometown. Going home again and confronting people she’d hurt when she’d left is never easy. She’d hung onto the idea of buying a long-abandoned old house and remodeling it to help her recover. But a man from her past has recently purchased it for his business. That’s her emotional breaking point and she does something reckless. Now she must pay the legal consequences of her foolish actions…by working for him.

Chad’s job as a lawyer working to protect the rights of the abused elderly consumes his time and energy. It cost him his marriage and an aborted child he hadn’t known about. Now he works harder, guards his bruised heart. Yet the return of someone he’d held secret feelings for comes back to town. She upsets his world, starting with minor destruction of his business property and causing him minor injury. He shouldn’t become involved in helping this troubled woman, yet he can’t keep from doing so.

Buy links:

Any other links you want included:

Social Media Links


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me here today. As a bonus in connection with this book tour, I am doing a contest and you can enter daily Dec 1-7 on my website. An adorable holiday owl kitchen hand towel, hot pad, a holiday pen, and a $25 Amazon card. See a photo on the contest link. http://starlakaye.com/contest-trusting-love-again/ The contest ends tonight. Winner chosen Dec 8.

    ReplyDelete